sábado, 6 de noviembre de 2010

MY EXPERIENCE IN FUNDACION CICLO


When I arrived at Fundación Ciclo one month ago, I immediately felt welcome thanks to the smiling faces of my colleagues Débora and Luján. They showed me the different parts of the Fundación and also introduced me to the other persons, who all welcomed me with a hug and a kiss! Those warm gestures made me realize that I was in a Latin-American country… and not in Belgium!

On my first day of work I met the other voluntaries: Gyse (Argentina), Nati (Poland) and Sharon (Mexico). We all received a training from the director María Knop to get to know and to learn the teaching method of Ciclo (interaction, games, etc.); I really liked the training and we laughed a lot! After that Carolina Laurens introduced me into the area of the internship and the communication with the new candidates!

In the second week I teached English every night, because Pauline (France) already returned home and I was temporarily the only volunteer. In the beginning I was a bit nervous to start with so many classes, but I actually had real fun while I was getting to know the students. Besides that, I think this was the most efficient way to adapt to the Ciclo teaching method!
Sophie van den Broeck from Belgium.


No hay comentarios: