martes, 3 de mayo de 2011

Being a teacher and being in Argentina – 2 completely new things for me

My name is Sarah Zander and I am from Germany. On 21st of January, 2011, I arrived at the airport of Buenos Aires, a bit excited about what was expecting me. Now that more than 3 months has gone by, I can tell you about my life here in Argentina.
In the Fundación CICLO, I got the possibility to teach – something I had never done before. Another volunteer of the Foundation gave me a training to get to know the CICLO method, with which they teach at CICLO. The method is about teaching and learning in a playfully, funny way. And I really enjoy it. The pupils are very eager to learn and the atmosphere is always nice. These first steps as a teacher have shown me to realize that teaching is what I want to do professionally.
Apart from that, I live in the house of a very lovely Argentinean lady with her and her two dogs. We, the four house mates get along really well. The Argentineans in general are very cordial and helpful. If you ask someone for the right bus, a discussion of several persons can emerge out of one single question.
All in all, I can say that I like being in Argentina.

No hay comentarios: